Smart Space Solutions, Inc. offers structured cabling design, installation, repair, and testing. Our certified structured cabling installers are some of the most experienced you’ll find in Maryland, Washington DC, and northern Virginia. We install and service both copper and fiber structured cable.
Structured cabling is the cabling infrastructure that creates building or campus telecommunications systems. It consists of a number of standardized smaller elements called subsystems, hence the term “structured.” Properly designed and installed structured cabling will support numerous hardware systems and be suitable for today’s needs as well as those of the future.
Structured cabling subsystems:
- Entrance Facilities are the Point where the telephone company network ends and connects with the on-premises wiring at the customer’s location.
- Equipment Rooms house equipment and wiring consolidation points that serve the users inside the building or campus.
- Backbone Cabling connects between the equipment/telecommunications rooms, so named because the rooms are typically on different floors.
- Horizontal Cabling wiring can be IW (inside wiring) or Plenum Cabling and connects telecommunications rooms to individual outlets or work areas on the floor, usually through the wireways, conduits, ceiling spaces, or raised floors.
- Telecommunications Rooms or Telecommunications Enclosure connects between the backbone cabling and horizontal cabling.
- Work-Area Components connect end-user equipment to outlets of the horizontal cabling system.
Structured cabling design and installation is governed by a set of standards that specify wiring data centers, offices, and apartment buildings for data or voice communications using various kinds of cable, most commonly category 5e (CAT5e), category 6 (CAT6), and fiber optic cabling and modular connectors. These standards define how to lay the cabling in various topologies in order to meet the needs of the customer, typically using a central patch panel (which is normally 19 inch rack-mounted), from where each modular connection can be used as needed. Each outlet is then patched into a network switch (normally also rack-mounted) for network use or into an IP or PBX (private branch exchange) telephone system patch panel.
Smart Space Solutions, Inc. prides ourselves in our ability to customize our services to meet each client’s structured cabling needs. Our staff is accessible from concept to completion and beyond with the ability to design the wiring system, provide expert installation, and service any system for post-installation augmentation.
- Structured Copper & Fiber Installation
- Wireless & POE Solutions
- Paging Systems
- Industrial Connectivity
- Video Monitoring
- NVR & DVR Recording
- Access Control
- Equipment Monitoring
- RCDD Wiring Design/Drawing Preparation
- On Call Support & Services
- Testing & Certification
- Ceiling & Underfloor Solutions
- Data Center Solutions
- Zone Cabling Solutions
- System Relocation Services
- UPS devices
- Cable Assemblies & Accessories